More from our trip south (and west)
Pretty mountains and steep-sided channels ...
with amazing currents, they swung the boat around something fierce, and it is not a small boat, I think maybe 25m? and very heavy
I took this one snorkelling, these are some whale bones at an old whaling station on the mainland south of Punta Arenas, there must be tonnes of them under the sand. Quite incredible.
This is a fairly typical fishing boat (well, most of them are in the water, but otherwise similar), delightfully named 'Pretty little piggy'
with amazing currents, they swung the boat around something fierce, and it is not a small boat, I think maybe 25m? and very heavy
I took this one snorkelling, these are some whale bones at an old whaling station on the mainland south of Punta Arenas, there must be tonnes of them under the sand. Quite incredible.
This is a fairly typical fishing boat (well, most of them are in the water, but otherwise similar), delightfully named 'Pretty little piggy'
And these are some of the penguins that Carlos helped clean after they got caught in an oil spill. Here they are on their way back to Magdalene Island which you can see from PA.


<< Home